University Archives endeavors to collect, preserve and make available the permanent historical record of the University. These records include published material, faculty members' papers, office files, and other historical material generated by the various research centers and institutes, as well as that from the forty-seven academic departments that comprise its six colleges and business school.
- to support and advance the mission of Utah State University, and that of the Merrill/Cazier Library.
- to preserve, organize, describe, and provide access to University records appraised as having enduring historic significance.
- to comply with all state and federal privacy acts.
- to be the source of information concerning institutional history.
- to stimulate creative thinking, and maintain an environment where teaching and learning can flourish.