BOOK COLL 46
1920-1930 SHEET MUSIC COLLECTION
This collection is made up of eleven pieces of sheet music from the 1920s and 1930s that were among some of the most popular songs of the times both nationally and locally. This collection is a gift of Jean Wheelwright Fernelius of Chatsworth, California.
- “THE SWEETHEART OF SIGMA CHI” Lyric by Byron D. Stokes. Music by F. Dunleigh Vernor. 28th edition 1927. Melrose Bors Music Co. Inc. Chicago. Copyright 1912 by Richard E. Vernor Pub. Co. Copyright transferred 1927 to Melrose Bros. Music Co., Chicago.
- “THE WORLD IS WAITING FOR THE SUNRISE” Words by Eugene Lockhart. Music by Ernest Seitz. Price 40 cents net. With Ukulele accompaninemt. Chappell & Co., Ltd. Melbourne, London, Sydney. For the countries of North America Challepp-Harms, Inc. New York, 1926. Copyright Canada 1919.
- “THE OLD REFRAIN” Viennese Popular Song. To my dear friend John McCormack. The words by Alice Mattullath. Arranged by Fritz Kreisler. Price 60 cents. Vocal Orchestration obtainable in Ab-F in U.S.A. Carl Fischer Inc., Cooper Square, New York,. Copyright 1921 by Carl Fischer.
- “DREAMING OF MOTHER” For duet, sing the soprano and alto. Lyrics by Ida Shupe Wood. Music by Ida McCune Gusaveson. Published by Ida Shupe Wood, 2363 Adams Ave., Ogden City. Utah. c1923.
- “WHEN THE MOON COMES OVER THE MOUNTAIN” By Kate Smith, Howard Johnson, Harry Woods as originally introduced by Kate Smith, “The Song Bird of the South.” Robbins Music Corporation, 799 Seventh Ave. New York. Copyright 1931 by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Corp.
- “MOONLIGHT ON THE COLORADO” Words by Billy Moll. Music by Robert A. Kind. c1930 by Shapiro, Bernstein, New York.
- “BACK IN YOUR OWN BACKYARD” By Al Jolson, Billy Rose and Dave Dreyer. Feartured by Giersdorf Sisters. Irving Berlin, Inc. Music Pub. 1607 Broadway, New York. c1928 by Irvin Berlin Inc.
- “THE UTAH TRAIL” Words and music by “Bob” Palmer as sung and introduced by “Bob & Jimmy” Exclusive K-F-I - K-E-C-A - Artists. Robert Palmer music Publishing Co. Los Angeles Copyright 1929 by Robert Palmer Music Pub. Co.
- “UNCLE SAM IS THE BIGGEST MAN ON EARTH” Words by I. P. McBride. Music by J. C. Halls. Published by I. P. McBride, Golde, Arizona. Copyright 1919 by I. P. McBride.
- “THE BRIDE OF SUNNY CALIFORNIA” Song. True Story of an early California couple. Put to music. Words by Chas. F. Zitting. Music by R. A. Brownie. 60 cents. Published by Chas. F. Zitting. University of Utah. Salt Lake City, Utah. Copyright1925 by Zitting.
- “WHEN IT’S SPRINGTIME IN THE ROCKIES” Special Edition by Mary Woolsey, Robert Sauer, and Mil Taggart. As featured by Rudy Vallee and his Connecticut Yankees. Copyright 1929 by Villa Moret Inc. San Francisco. Words by Mary Hale Woolsey and Milt Taggart. Music by Robert Sauer.
*Each piece of music in this collection is cataloged individually in the Utah State University Libraries’ online catalog.