Visiting / Using:
Please Note: Special Collections & Archives (SCA) has different hours and rules than the rest of the library. SCA is located on the lower level of the Merrill-Cazier Library in Room 35.
|SCA Normal Hours||SCA Special Hours|
Sunday -- Closed|
Monday -- 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday -- 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday -- 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday -- 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday -- 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday -- 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Nov 26 -- 9:00 am - 5:00 pm -- Thanksgiving
Nov 27 -- 9:00 am - 5:00 pm -- Thanksgiving
Nov 28 -- Closed -- Thanksgiving
Nov 29 -- Closed -- Thanksgiving
Nov 30 -- Closed -- Fall Break
If you are planning to do extensive research, contact us in advance and we will prepare materials for your visit.
Please visit http://www.usu.edu/map/ for a campus map.
Using the Reading Room:
SCA operates under a closed-stack environment and as such materials may not be checked out and must be read in the Tanner Reading Room. First time users must complete Registration Agreement form (good for 5 years) with a picture ID.
- Using the card catalog or electronic cataloging system
- Identify call numbers for desired items
- Fill out the Blue Paging Card.
- Only three items may be used at a time
- (e.g. three books, or three folders).
- Only one document box may be in use at a time.
- Personal belongings such as:
- briefcases, backpacks
- and coats must be stored in the lockers provided.
- A staff attendant will give you a lock.
- For note taking, only PENCIL is allowed. No pens.
- Exercise great care in handling fragile items; white gloves may be required & provided by staff.
- No food, candy, or beverages allowed in the Tanner Reading Room.
- The use of cell phones is not allowed. To make or receive a call, please exit the Tanner Reading Room.
Digitization Price List
- Pages 1-100$0.50/page ($5.00 minimum)
- Pages 101-500$1.00/page
- Projects larger than 500 pages: Special Collections will provide an estimate based on format and the equipment used to digitize each item.
Large format items (e.g. maps and architectural drawings)$5.00 setup fee +$2.00/scan
- Prints, negatives, and slides:$5.00/image
Projects larger than 20 photographs: Special Collections will provide an estimate basedon format and theequipment used to digitize each item.
- Audio digitized in-house (cassette, record album)$5.00/item
- Video digitized in-house (VHS, miniDV,DVD)$10.00/item
Formats which Special Collections cannot digitize in-house (reel-to-reel tape, 16mm film, etc.) must be outsourced to companies with the proper equipment. The cost to digitize these items will be equal tothe company’s fee plus a $10.00 handling fee.
Digital File Retrieval
If a requested item has already been digitized, Special Collections will retrieve it at a cost of $1.00/file ($5.00 minimum fee).
Digitization in the Special Collections Reading Room
Patrons can digitize most Special Collections materials at no cost by visiting our Reading Room on the lower level of the Merrill-Cazier Library. Special Collections provides an overhead scanner for patron use and allows non-flash photography (for personal use only; copyright restrictions apply).Please bring a USB drive to save your files from the scanner.